Hopelink’s Adult Education program wants more than improved language skills for students. We want to see students moving onward to college or employment and a sustainable life with living wage employment. On February 28, 2012, we invited Ken Aitchison, a local HR professional in the construction industry, to talk about opportunities and strategies for immigrants and refugees to succeed in the current and future job market.
These video excerpts from Ken’s talk tell how to prepare for a key role in the Washington economy.
Better skills. Better jobs. Building a stronger Washington.
1. Overview of the HR World 4:06 minutes
2. Growing Skills Gap in the Workforce 4:54 minutes
3. Practical & Personal Advice 5:16 minutes
4. Difficulty in Recruiting By Skills Types 4:24 minutes
5. High Employer Demand Fields 2:08 minutes
6. Literacy Skills Needed 1:26 minutes
7. Presenting Yourself to Employers 2:26 minutes
8. Practical Tips for Interviews 2:11 minutes
9. Hints on Resume Questions 1:08 minutes
10. Tips to Fine Tune Your Resume 1:24 minutes
Videos were produced in partnership with the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges, http://www.sbctc.edu and Aurora Media Productions, http://www.auroramediapro.com to celebrate Adult Literacy Week 2011-2012.